- Ideal mowing height is between 6 and 9 cm. (2.5 to 3 inches).
- Mowing height is directly correlated to how deep your roots become. It is important not to mow too short. Many mowing companies will mow too short and shock the root system. However, healthy deep roots protect the lawn from drought.
- Mow frequently, at least once a week. Do not move more than one third of the leaf blade in a single mowing.
- Keep your blades sharp, for a clean cut. This prevents lawn tearing.
- Remember, frequent mowing at a proper not-too-short setting is key to reduce weed establishment.
- Your lawn needs 2.5 cm (1in.) of water or rain per week.
- Water your lawn early morning during hot summer months, this prevents disease.
- Essential for a healthy green lawn.
- At Delesco we not only feed the lawn but the soil as well.
- We use the right amount of granular slow release fertilizer with a proper balance of nitrogen and potassium, as well as selective application of liquid kelp and micro-nutrients.
- The best defence against weeds is a thick healthy green lawn
- Lawn aeration reduces both thatch and soil compaction. Aeration brings much needed air into the soil.
- We at Delesco use liquid aeration to increase root zone oxygen levels and allow for the deeper penetration of water
- White Grubs, Chinch bugs, and leather jackets are very prominent in Southern Ontario.
- Delesco Weed Control is fully licensed to identify and treat whatever problem your lawn may have.
- We at Delesco are using the very best registered lawn care products available in Ontario. Our 41 years in lawn care tells us to use products that have a proven ability to reduce weeds, and enhance turf health.